A book appeared in our house: “Smart Blood Sugar” by Dr. Marlene Merritt, who has a Masters in Nutrition. The book’s sub-title “The Complete System to Naturally Balance Blood Sugar and Prevent of Reverse Diabetes … Without Drugs!”
From the book:
Things to get rid of and never buy again:
- vegetable oil, corn oil, soy oil, canola oil
- fruit juices
- instant mixes with more than 1 or 2 ingredients
- candy, cookies, chips
- anything “hydrogenated”
- packaged snacks that use flour
- soft drinks
- frozen, TV dinners – anything with a long list of ingredients
How to do it:
- limit carbs to 60 grams per day
- eat frequently
- eat fat with every meal.
and finally she says “net carbs” found on so many labels is false. the carbs in fibers count!
I think she knows whereof she speaks, except why eat so often?