“(1/4) LOW Cholesterol levels are associated with HIGHER rates of Dementia. The object of this University Ferrara study was to evaluate the association between Cholesterol levels and the prevalence of Dementia. At the start of the study, a total of 1,051 individuals (2/4) aged 65 years or over were assessed for Dementia. They were assessed again after 3 years. The study found: After one year, individuals with Dementia had significantly LOWER Cholesterol levels and much lower levels of (HDL) cholesterol compared with individuals (3/4) WITHOUT Dementia.
After 3 years, individuals newly diagnosed with Dementia had significantly LOWER Cholesterol levels and lower levels of HDL. The results of this Italian study demonstrate that low cholesterol levels & low HDL (4/4) are associated with higher rates of Dementia.”
and then I saw this: https://drcate.com/cholesterol-pills-statins-are-bad-for-your-brain/#d
Table of Contents
- 1 Reason One to Avoid Statins: Your brain needs cholesterol.
- 2 Reason Two To Avoid Statins: Scientists use high-dose statins to give lab animals learning and memory disorders.
- 3 Reason Three To Avoid Statins: Doctors who study how statins affect brain health have tried to warn other doctors about their findings.
- 4 Reason Four to Avoid Statins: Statin’s supposed benefits to the brain are exaggerated or fabricated.
- 5 Reason Five: Statin side effects are underreported.
- 5.1 Ever wonder why doctors ignore patients who complain about statin side effects?
- 5.2 If you can run-in you can hide.
- 6 “The Janus Face of Statins”
- 7 Other MDs On Board